Did you know many Americans are devoid of internet and phone services due to financial issues? Do you also not have a phone due to financial reasons? Don’t worry because you now have a true wireless government phone for free!
Digital problems need digital solutions. Today, the phone is one of the most important electronic devices that is a must-have for everyone for various reasons. However, most citizens of America don’t have one because of a poor income background.
To help support these people, and provide opportunities for low-income Americans the government now provides true wireless government phones for free. If you wish to know how the government provides free phones to low-income individuals in detail, click here.
However, many Americans don’t know that they can now get a phone for free and use it to their advantage. This restricts them from the opportunity to get a true wireless government phone for free.
This is why we have brought you this comprehensive guide. In this post, we will share with you crucial details that can help you get a free phone. So, if you are excited and want to know more about it, continue reading below!
What Is A True Wireless Government Phone?
If you are hearing about true wireless government phones for the first time, then let us first learn a bit more about it. A true wireless is a smartphone that offers different phone services for free.
These monthly free phone services include facilities like unlimited data, talk time, and texts. Now you must be wondering if they provide unlimited phone services, they also might charge a secret amount, right?
Well, you will be surprised to know that they don’t charge any hidden or discounted fees from low-income households. All these services they provide to eligible customers are funded by government programs like the ACP and or the Lifeline.
These programs are specifically made for low-income Americans so that they can access internet and phone services. However, to ensure you get these benefits from True Wireless, you must be eligible for either of these federal programs.
We have already provided a section on this below. This will help you know about the eligibility criteria for different federal programs, and whether you qualify for them or not.
How To Find True Wireless Near Me?
If you wish to find yourself a True Wireless near you, there are various ways for it. Since we are focusing on getting a free phone and its services, we will help you find True Wireless for the same.
Now, if you wish to avail free phone and its services for low-income households, then use the ACP National Verifier or the Lifeline National Verifier. These will help you check your eligibility and suggest a list of providers that are available and active near your location.
Depending on which federal assistance program you qualify for, use the relevant National Verifier accordingly.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria For A Free True Wireless Government Phone?
By now you have understood that qualifying for either of the federal assistance programs is necessary to get a free phone. So, if you want to get your hands on a free true wireless government phone, you will have to meet a certain list of eligibility criteria.
Depending on the federal assistance program you choose, we have listed out the eligibility criteria accordingly. Check them out below to know whether you qualify for them or not.
For The Lifeline Program
Do you wish to get a free true wireless government phone through the Lifeline program? Then you or anyone from your household must receive either of the below-mentioned benefits :-
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension or Survivors Benefit Programs
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP or Food stamps)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF)
- Head Start
However, you can also qualify for a free true wireless government phone for free through the Lifeline program with your household earnings. If your annual household earning is at or below 135% of the FPL standards, then you can get a free phone.
To help you understand how it works based on family strength per household, we have provided a chart below. Go through it to get an idea of the income-level standard for different household capacities.
|Households having 1 member
|Households having 2 members
|Households having 3 members
|Households having 4 members
|Households having 5 members
|Households having 6 members
|Households having 7 members
|Households having 8 members
For The ACP Program
If you happen to qualify for the Lifeline program, then you also qualify for the ACP program as well. However, there are certain other additional qualifications of the ACP that we have listed below :-
- Anyone from your household must have received the Federal Pell Grant scholarship award
- Must be a proven participant of the National Free or Reduced School Lunch Program
- Your annual household earnings must not exceed 200% of the FPL standards.
- Anyone from your household must have received the WIC benefits
What Are The Documents Required To Apply For A Free True Wireless Government Phone?
If you are eligible for either of the federal assistance programs, then you will have to prove it to claim its benefits. For that, you will have to provide certain documents.
We don’t want you to go through all the hassle to know what documents you are required to provide. To save you time and energy we have already listed the necessary documents below. Check them out to prepare your documents.
If you are eligible for the ACP or the Lifeline program in terms of income level, then you will have to provide the following set of documents.
- Your pay stubs
- A copy of your previous year’s tax return
- Your Social Security benefits statement
- A copy of your unemployment benefits statement or any other solid official document that establishes your earning level
For Federal Assistance Program Documents
If you qualify for either of the federally assisted programs by being a participant in government programs, then you have to provide the following :-
- A copy of your benefit letter
- A copy of your program enrollment card or letter
- A copy of any other qualifying official paperwork that establishes and proves your participation in any government programs.
Apart from these documents, some other general documents you will be required to provide are as follows :-
- A legit photo ID such as:
- Driver’s license, or
- State-issued ID card.
How Can I Apply For A Free True Wireless Government Phone?
Now that you are eligible to apply for a free true wireless government phone, and have all your documents ready, let’s learn how to apply.
If you want to have a smooth application process, please follow the below-mentioned steps thoroughly :-
- Firstly, go visit the website of True Wireless. Using your browser, go to True Wireless’s homepage
- Once you reach there, scroll down until you find the ‘Apply now’ button. If you are having trouble navigating the ‘Apply now’ button, don’t worry. Look for it on the right-hand side of the screen, and you will find it.
- After clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button, then type in your ZIP code. Once you click on the button, you will see a new page appear. There you will see a box labeled as ‘ENTER YOUR ZIP CODE’. Enter your ZIP code in the given space.
- Then review the information that pops up on your screen thoroughly. If your area is covered, a page will be displayed on your screen regarding the Lifeline program. Make sure that you go through the details thoroughly.
- Once done, then tap on the ‘CLAIM YOUR BENEFITS’ option. You can expect this option to appear at the bottom of the screen. Click on the button to continue with your application process further.
- When you click on the continue button, you will be directed to a new page. This page will have all your details about the Lifeline plan. Make sure to fill out your online application form properly without any mistakes. Add in all the required information about you to get a free phone.
- Once you have completed filling out your online form, submit it. After you are done filling out your form, you can see a submit button right at the bottom of the screen. Click on it to submit your online application form.
- Finally, it is time to wait for confirmation! If you have followed our guided application steps thoroughly, then you can expect to receive a free phone within a few business days.
What Is The Process Of True Wireless Government Phone Replacement?
If you have received a True wireless government phone but unfortunately received a broken or damaged one, don’t worry. Accidents are a part and parcel of our lives but you don’t have to suffer with this one.
We will share with you some tips that can help you get a replacement for your true wireless phone. Follow our detailed instructions below for better results:
- Contact and reach out to your True Wireless customer service. Based on your convenience you can either call them at 1-877-412-1919 or email them at [email protected].
Explain to the customer representative of the true wireless phone about the issue of your phone. Make sure that you are precise with the problem and when the issue began with your phone. In case, you have lost or your phone got stolen, request them to turn off your service to restrict any unauthorized access.
- Then you will have to provide authentic proof regarding your eligibility and identity. For this, you will have to send them a copy of your legit photo ID. Alongside this, you will also have to send them a copy of your income statement, or your program enrollment letter.
You can either email them at the above-provided email address or fax them your documents at 1-877-412-1919.
- Next, you will have to send back your damaged or broken phone to True Wireless. The address to ship back is True Wireless, 21 E. Main Street, Suite 100, Oklahoma City, OK 73104.
Alongside your damaged phone, you will also have to add a note that includes your details like your contact number, name, and account number.
- Then you will have to wait for confirmation and the inspection process. Once you ship back your phone, the company will inspect your phone to determine whether you are eligible for a free phone replacement or not.
Don’t worry as they will contact you once they are done with their inspection process.
- If you are eligible for a free phone replacement then you can expect to receive one within a few working days at your address.
If you want to get a true wireless government phone, we guarantee this is the best blog that will assist you in every step. Although the process is not complicated, it does have a few detailed steps. But don’t worry, as we have got you fully covered in our comprehensive guide. Just follow each section thoroughly, and you will be good to go for a new free phone. So, don’t wait any further and miss out on this lucrative opportunity. Apply today to receive a free phone as soon as possible!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the True Wireless customer service phone number?
The True Wireless customer service phone number is 1-877-412-1919.
What kind of phone can I expect from True Wireless?
You can expect to receive a free 5.5″ Android smartphone. Additionally, the True Wireless provides 4G/LTE connectivity.
How long will it take for my free phone to arrive?
You should receive your phone within a week of submitting your paperwork.
How do I discontinue my True Wireless service?
To terminate True Wireless service, contact customer care at [email protected] or call 1-877-412-1919. To deactivate the service, enter your name, account number, and phone number, as well as request a deactivation process. In addition, you must return your SIM card and phone to True Wireless within one month of termination.
What advantages come with a free True wireless phone plan?
You could be expecting to receive phone plan offers and free access to Amazon Prime for two months.